Getting Ready for the Trip
- Travel light: pack only what you need to take with you to save energy on transportation.
- Bring enough clothes: minimize the use of hotel laundry service which often wastes a lot of water and electricity, especially in certain places where each laundry load is done per guest.
- Plan your means of transport: use public vehicles whenever possible. In addition, traveling solo instead of traveling in groups can also reduce energy consumption.
While on the Road
- Choosing to walk or bike once arriving at your destinations lessens your carbon footprints while increasing your chance to see and engage with the people.
- Staying at green hotels to support sustainable tourism. Also, hang the sign “Do not disturb” at the front door and ask for a cleaning service only when necessary to help cut down energy use.
- Eating food prepared from locally sourced ingredients can assist in lowering transportation-related carbon emissions.
- Being conscious of your consumption. Recycle your waste and save resources by using only what you need.